Garlic Butter Herb Steak
|Cook Time||36 Minutes|
|Passive Time||10 mins|
- 1 inch thick Ribeye Steak
- 2 Tablespoons Kosher Salt
- 2 Tablespoons Fresh ground Black Pepper
- 4 Tablespoons canola oil
- 3 Tablespoons Butter
- 2 Springs Thyme
- 2 Bunches Rosemary
- 2 Cloves garlic Smashed
- Preheat oven to 250°F.
- Season the steak evenly with the salt and pepper on all sides.
- Place the steak on a wire rack on top of a baking sheet. Bake for 35 minutes. Heat the canola oil in a skillet or stainless steel pan over high heat until smoking. Sear the steak on one side for 30 seconds, then flip. Immediately, add the butter, thyme, rosemary, and garlic, swirling the pan to melt the butter quickly.
- Place the herbs and garlic on top of the steak, and push the steak toward the top of the pan. Tilt the pan toward you to pool the butter near the bottom. Using a spoon, continuously scoop the butter over the top of the steak for about 30–45 seconds. This helps not only flavor the steak, but also helps cook the steak faster. If you prefer your steak medium or medium-well, cook your steak longer.
- To test the doneness of your steak, lightly press the tip of your left index finger to the tip of your left thumb. The fleshy area below the thumb should feel how rare steak feels pressing the surface of the steak. For medium-rare steak, touch your middle finger to your thumb and press the area below your thumb. For medium, touch your fourth finger to your thumb. For well done, touch your pinky to your thumb.
- Rest the steak for 10 minutes on a cutting board. Slice, then serve!
Share this Recipe